Thursday, February 16, 2006

Shoot Me


Actually, please don't shoot me. I'd much rather be behind the camera than in front of it.

I really enjoy taking photographs. But I really hate when I don't get to. I feel a little limited in the equipment I have but for now, it does pretty well.
I own a few film cameras: 1 Canonet (1972), 1 Pentax Honeywell (1962), 1 Canon Rebel G (my baby), and 1 Canon Sure Shot 80 (1995). And my newest addition, as many of you know is my Canon A95 digital camera. I saved and saved for this one because it was for a looooow price! What I really want is the digital Canon 5D. It just came out so it's still extremely high in price. But soooo nice!

My heart is still in using film, especially black & white vs color. But I use mostly digital now because it is more convenient to share and edit/manipulate. Also, digital is easier to store and share. I usually burn a disk or two of my photos where I can send people only the photos that they want. I'd much rather do that instead of developing film and only sending the ones that will eventually end up in their junk drawer.

For instance, I just attended a funeral last Wednesday. I hung out with cousins that I haven't seen in over a decade. (They live in Calexico.) I made sure I took some pictures of us and the family. I ended up burning a few disks and sent them to a few relatives. Some of the pictures I sent via e-mail.

Anyway, I would love to get much better at my photos. It's a skill that I've only had formal training on just recently. I like to learn by example, but of course nothing compares to experimenting yourself.

If you'd like some basic photo tips, I'd be glad to share them. Or even information in getting a camera. (Or film or cards, ect) I'm no where near being a pro, but if I can help you take better photos, cool! (I'm a patient teacher!)

Happy Snappy!

No comments:

Local Time