I remember that song in Sunday school where we sang, "Beloved, let us love one another"...and ends with you singing "First John four, seven and eight!" It always stuck with me when we sang, "...God is Love". Let's look at it really quick.
1 John 4:7-8 (NLT)
7) Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God.
8) But anyone who does not love does not know God--for God is love.
Then I came to think of my name. The latin root is something like "worthy of love" and when I think of love I think of God. So I am worthy of God? Some days I don't feel like it. Technically, I'm not worthy because of the "disease of self" that "runs through my blood". My sin..."a cancer thats fatal to my soul". But I'm always comforted with this next passage, which I try to remember to show a lot of the youth I talk to. (Who often feel that sometimes nobody loves them enough to 'understand' them or understands them enough to 'love' them.)
Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)
38) And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can't, and life can't. The angels can't, and the demons can't. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can't keep God's love away.
39) Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
It's crazy to think that no matter what you are doing or where you are, you can not escape God's love for you. Since God loves us, it is soooo hard to do the same to others! So then I immediately come to this next passage that I try sooo hard to live by all the time.
Luke 6:31 (NIV)
31) Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Loving others. That's a hard one especially if they know how and which buttons to press with you. For some reason though, this one is a little easier for me. I find it easy to forgive and love you. I think God placed it easier in me because of my name. But all the same, I know I've hurt people too, maybe enough to cause them to hate me or stop loving me. I'm no different, of course.
Looking back at the first verse, throughout my life, I've thought about love and what it means. And I know that God is love. The best love anybody could ever have.
I "God" you.