Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Cutting It Off

One thing about me is that I have a lot of patience. So much so that for years, I allowed people to step over me or take advantage of me because of it. Mind you, I still have that patience...but it is gone for two people in my life.

Wow, I was even surprised at that. I've never been in a (physical) fight in my life. It's easy for me to love and I can't say that I have any enemies that I know of. And I don't really 'dislike' people. But I guess I do now.

The first person in my life my patience has run out in a span of about 2 years. That's pretty fast considering the second person in my life. But he continues to make choices that hurts the people around him. It's got to a point where we just have to say, "No more".

For the other person in my life, a member of my close family....I've dealt with being "patient" with her for over 25 years. But it has come to this:

Cutting her off.

That's it. I've been patient. NO MORE!

There's only so much you can take. So much of a beating that you can endure. So much of the hurt that you can take. So much of watching others get hurt by her unwise decisions. I can't anymore. I'm too tired of dealing with it. For the sake of keeping the peace in my immediate family, I have to do this. For the sake of my safety because now she's threatened violence upon my person.

Either way, I will always love both of them

For these two individuals in my life, I've got to say, "Stop".

And for me, all I've got now is prayer.

1 comment:

trazomfreak said...

Maybe. There's a reason for everything.

I never thought I'd find myself not wanting to continue a relationship with these two individuals.

That's why it does hurt. Because I still love.

Local Time